Lightspeed wireless ANR-headset TANGO
As the first premium aviation headset without cable, Tango blends outstanding noise cancelation and renowned Lightspeed comfort, with wireless convenience.
With no cables to get in the way and critical controls located on the headset, Tango creates an entirely new level of flying enjoyment and untethered freedom.
- Lightspeed Link technology – At the heart of Tango is Lightspeed Link, developed by Lightspeed engineers to ensure the reliable communication pilots demand. Rather than Bluetooth or WiFi, Lightspeed Link incorporates existing aviation technologies chosen both for signal reliability and audio quality. The Lightspeed Link connection is strong enough to operate up to six Tango headsets in the same aircraft, allowing everyone on board to experience the freedom of a wireless flight.
- Panel interface – The panel interface is the vital hub of the Lightspeed Link system. It routes communication between the headset, the intercom, and auxiliary devices and houses the lower cable, which is adjustable to 31 inches. Weighing just under 9 ounces, with multiple mounting points, no upper cables, and critical controls located on the headset, the panel interface can be easily secured and mounted in any aircraft.
- Built-in redundancy – The panel interface stores the backup cable, making it easily available for uninterrupted communication, in the event the batteries become depleted.
- Rechargeable power – Lightspeed’s Tango is the first aviation headset created to be powered by rechargeable lithium ion batteries, a trusted power source for countless critical applications. Lightspeed’s compact-size lithium ion batteries deliver twelve hours of continuous operation; their reusability makes them both earth and wallet-friendly. The Tango dual-port wall charger can quickly charge both the headset and panel interface batteries at the same time, providing 75% charge in less than an hour, and a full charge in two hours. The batteries are easy to replace on the go and can also be charged while the headset is in use. The battery for the headset and panel interface are interchangeable, and spare batteries can be purchased separately.
- Superior quiet – Tango delivers the advanced noise cancellation you expect from Lightspeed.
- Remarkable comfort – Tango features plush ear seals with large openings and nearly 10 square inches of surface area for a better seal and greater distribution of side pressure.
- FlightLink compatible – Capture all of your communications with Lightspeed’s free FlightLink recording app for Apple iPad and iPhone via the supplied patch cable.
- Mobile phone and music connection – Enjoy excellent call clarity, music fidelity, and access to critical alerts from aviation apps on mobile devices using either the supplied patch cable or Bluetooth.
- ComPriority – Never miss important radio communications with our patented ComPriority, which automatically lowers the volume of any auxiliary device during radio or intercom transmissions.
- Auto Shutoff™ – Lightspeed’s proprietary Auto Shutoff feature saves battery life by automatically shutting down the headset and panel interface power when not in use.
- Reversible microphone – Our unique design allows for right or left microphone placement so you can fly with technology on your side.
- Included accessories – A custom-molded carrying case, music patch cord, cord clip, two rechargeable lithium ion batteries (spare included with LEMO panel power headsets), two charging cables, and a dual-port wall charger come with every Tango.
- Available configurations: Dual GA, LEMO panel power*, U-174
- 30-day money-back guarantee – We know that every cockpit and pilot is different. That’s why we offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, return the product for a full and prompt refund.
- 5-year warranty – Lightspeed stands by the quality of the Tango with a comprehensive 5-year warranty of materials and workmanship. Click here to learn more
*LEMO version only. Panel power is only provided to the panel interface. The headset still requires a rechargeable lithium ion battery (included).
- Battery power supply: 3.7V rechargeable lithium ion battery
- Headset Weight (with battery): 18 oz.
- Transducer: 40mm moving coil
- Frequency response: 20 Hz–20 kHz
- Nominal impedance when wired with backup cable at 1 kHz:
- Mono: 180 ohms
- Stereo: 250 ohms
- Transducer principle: Noise-canceling electret
- Frequency response: 200 Hz–6000 Hz
- Maximum SPL: 114 dB
- Terminating impedance: 220–2200 ohms
- Operating voltage: 8V–16V DC
- Maximum SPL: Greater than 120 dB at 100 Hz
- Bluetooth Enabled Phone: Yes
- Bluetooth Audio (A2DP): Yes